Smartphone personal duress solution for hospitals and healthcare facilities
In times of duress, the DefenCall Healthcare smartphone personal duress button solution turns your staffs’ and volunteers’ smartphones into personal emergency alerting devices. With DefenCall Healthcare, every community member’s smartphone can act like a personal duress button.
DefenCall Healthcare help you more effectively meet security challenges including:
- Enhancing security within hospital buildings/campuses
- Increasing safety for workers and volunteers at satellite facilities such as outpatient clinics, labs or counseling centers
- Safeguarding visiting healthcare workers on client visits
- Protecting students in teaching systems
With DefenCall Healthcare, community members have access to a personal “duress button” app on their smartphones that they can use to call for help in an emergency. Activating the button immediately dials your security team or the local emergency number and sends a text/email message to a list of pre-defined contacts which can include security personnel and facility administrators. The alert message includes the name of the person under duress, their phone number and their actual location as determined by GPS. Activating the button also causes an emergency alert message to be displayed on the monitoring dashboard used by emergency dispatch personnel.
DefenCall Healthcare’s emergency information function provides community members with specific procedures to follow in a variety of situations. This information is customized to include your specific emergency protocols and can be augmented with FEMA information on a wide variety of emergency types. Specific examples of “what to do in an emergency” information can include how to react in situations including active shooter protection, power failure, tornado, earthquake and other serious incidents.
DefenCall Healthcare also protects community members in non-emergency situations. The non-emergency alert feature allows community members to set up a list of colleagues that can be alerted by text message (including the sender’s GPS location) when help is needed, but the authorities are not.
- Smartphone app that allows community members to send an instant “duress-button” request for emergency assistance
- Activating the duress button initiates a call to your security department or the local emergency number
- Activating the duress button simultaneously sends text and email messages (including caller name, mobile phone number and GPS location) to security personnel and a configurable set of recipients
- The duress button also generates an alert to the the web-based monitoring dashboard including caller name, mobile phone number and GPS location
- Includes vital “what to do in an emergency” information
- Customized for each facility with approved safety information and links to safety services, transit maps and other services
- Automated registration process – Send activation messages to all members of your community or have them sign up online
- Outbound text broadcast alert system for sending notifications (such as “all clear”) to all system users
- No expensive hardware to install or maintain
- Increase facility safety by providing enhanced direct access to security personnel or local emergency number
- Messages go directly to your security department or local emergency number, not a mobile 911 call routing center – vastly decreasing time from call to response
- Provide direct access to emergency protocols and additional safety resources like parking lot escorts, transport maps and safety tips
- Low cost
- Simple, turnkey deployment and administration
- Quick deployment – only days to customize and activate
For more information or to discuss how DefenCall Healthcare can improve the safety of your community, contact us at sales@DefenCall.com or call 1 203-354-9164 now.