Improving Urgent Emergency Response On Golf Courses
Golf courses are fun and relaxing, but also dangerous, since stress and exertion are experienced there. Sometimes, it is serious and golf courses have become a high ranking venue for heart attacks. Since response times are crucial in medical emergencies, DefenCall’s SafeGolf can save lives. The SafeGolf smartphone panic button solution turns your members’ and players’ smartphones into personal emergency alerting devices. With SafeGolf, every player’s smartphone can signal the clubhouse and first responders immediately when there is a problem – all at the touch of one button – from wherever they are located. With SafeGolf, players and members have access to a personal “panic button” app on their smartphones that they can use to call for help in an emergency. Activating the button immediately dials the emergency number (either 911 or a course-specific special number) and sends a text/email message to a list of pre-defined contacts which can include course security personnel and administrators. The alert message includes the name of the person who is requesting help, their phone number and their actual location as determined by GPS. Activating the button also causes a red flashing emergency alert message to be displayed on the monitoring dashboard used by emergency dispatch personnel. SafeGolf’s emergency information function provides users with specific procedures such as CPR. This information can be customized to include your specific emergency protocols and augmented with FEMA information on a wide variety of emergency types. SafeGolf also protects players in non-emergency situations. The “Staff Help” feature allows players to contact course staff in less dire circumstances so that they can get help without signally that the need is an emergency.
- Smartphone app that allows players to send an instant “panic-button” request for emergency assistance
- Activating the panic button initiates a call to the course emergency number
- Activating the panic button simultaneously sends text and email messages (including caller name, mobile phone number and GPS location) to security personnel and a configurable set of recipients
- The panic button also generates a red-flashing alert screen in the web-based monitoring dashboard including caller name, mobile phone number and GPS location
- Includes vital CPR information
- Automated registration process – Administrator enters the player’s number inline and a text is sent to that phone containing a link which accesses SafeGolf.
- Optional outbound text and email broadcast alert system for sending notification (such as “all clear”) to all system users
- No expensive hardware to install or maintain
- Increase player safety by providing enhanced direct access to security personnel
- Messages go directly to course security personnel, rather than 911, vastly decreasing time from call to response
- Low cost
- Simple, turnkey deployment and administration
- Quick deployment – only days to customize and activate
For more information or to discuss how SafeGolf can improve the safety of your community, contact us at info@DefenCall.com or call 1 203-803-1736 now.